Win tickets to see legendary Jasper Carrott on the pier
- Credit: Archant
Brummie comedy star Jasper Carrott is coming to Great Yarmouth for a night of laughs and music from the 1970s and 1980s.
The comedian is bringing his Stand Up and Rock national tour to the Britannia Pier on the night of Saturday, March 31.
And we have three pairs of tickets to be won in super competition.
Jasper has battled back from a quadruple bypass operation last year to entertain audiences with his show, that features performers Bev Bevan, Geoff Turton, Phil Tree, Tony Kelsey, Abby Brant and Suzi Woo.
The show sees Jasper wisecrack his way through two 30 minute sets and then Bev, who was in ELO and is Jasper’s close friend, and the other musicians will perform hits from the 1970s and 1980s in two 30 minute slots.
As a Status Quo fan Jasper will also take art in part of the musical sessions.
He said; “The show does exactly what it says on the tin. There are audiences out there who like comedy without expletives and love music from the 1970s and 1980s.
- 1 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 2 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 3 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 4 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 5 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 6 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 7 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 8 Charity football match to boost Norfolk and Waveney MIND
- 9 Green light for quarry's expansion and longer life
- 10 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
“We are having a great deal of fun on the show and the audiences are loving the show as well.”
Japser said he was looking forward to spending time in Great Yarmouth next month.
He also said he would be promoting the merits of the town by saying: “I am sure I will go on TV saying Great Yarmouth is the best place on Earth, if that is not going too over the top.”
Jasper also reflected on his quadruple bypass, which saw 700,000 people send in messages of support via social media to him.
He said: “I did have some dark moments. I had only ever cancelled one show in 43 years and then I had to cancel 30 or 40.
“People have been so understanding and showed great support.
“I am looking forward to coming to Great Yarmouth and entertaining people.”
To book tickets visit www.britannia-pier.co.uk
We have three pairs of tickets to be won in super competition. All you have to do is correctly answer the question What city is Jasper from and email the answer, with full contact details, to email@example.com
Alternatively you can buy today’s Mercury and fill out the competition entry form.
The first three names out of the hat will win. Normal Archant competition rules apply. Conditions available on request.