World class acts come to Great Yarmouth
TWO performances billed as “world class” are coming to Great Yarmouth next week as part of the Norfolk and Norwich Festival – linked by a circus element.
On Wednesday SeaChange Arts presents Gramoulinophone by French Street Arts Company 2 Rien Merci whose act combines traditional street art and contemporary circus.
And in the evening the programme does a swift about-turn tumble to offer something totally different – Russian masterpieces in the Hippodrome.
Meanwhile inside a yurt tent, three mysterious characters perform contemporary circus tricks and physical comedy with a few surprises thrown in.
The Gramoulinophone will be in Great Yarmouth Market Place at 10.30am, 12.30pm and 5pm. Entry to the show is free but there is limited seating inside the tent so people are advised to arrive at least 10 minutes before the show to get tickets.
“Gramoulinophone is a unique and comedic show and we are very excited to host it in Great Yarmouth as part of the Norfolk and Norwich Festival programme,” said Joe Mackintosh, chief executive of SeaChange Arts.
“This is the beginning of a long-term relationship with the Norfolk and Norwich Festival where we will work in partnership to promote high quality art, with a particular focus on street arts and circus, across the county.”
- 1 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 2 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 3 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 4 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 5 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 6 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 7 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 8 Man to be sentenced next month over Norfolk pub attack
- 9 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 10 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
In the evening there will be a performance from one of Eastern Europe’s great orchestras, the Bolshoi Symphony Orchestra, performing three Russian masterpieces at the Hippodrome at 7.30pm as part of the programme. For tickets contact the Norfolk and Norwich Festival on 01603 766400 or book online at www.nnfestival.org.uk/nnf11
SeaChange is the arts development organisation for the borough of Great Yarmouth, tasked with providing high quality cultural experiences to local people of all ages and backgrounds.
It recently received funding of around a million euros to develop its Out There festival of street arts.