X Factor winner Brookstein brings soul to St George’s
- Credit: Archant
X Factor winner Steve Brookstein appears at St George’s Theatre in Great Yarmouth next month.
Brookstein, the 2004 winner, will perform songs that cover decades of classic soul from Sam Cooke and Brook Benton to Luther Vandross and Teddy Pendergrass.
His warm tone delivers on songs such as Dance With My Father, Let’s Stay Together and Hey Girl. St George’s describe it as an intimate acoustic show, for old school soul lovers.
The concert is on Friday, June 6 starting 7.30pm.
This weekend sees the Seagull Rep return with Blackadder Goes Forth, set in the trenches of France during the First World War and described as a funny and touching piece. The play is on Saturday, May 17, at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Throughout the summer season, the theatre is introducing a range of lunchtime theatre shows. Wednesday, May 28 sees Love is in the Air take to the stage by music group Interlude. Performed by Jason Lambert at the piano, with vocalists Judi Daykin and John Hare, plus guest. The performance will start at 1.45pm.
If you want A Night at the Musicals, then St George’s is the place to be on Friday, May 30. Celebrate the magic of musicals as a cast of experienced performers take the audience through some stunning musical scores including music from Andrew Lloyd Webber and a look at many of the best shows to ever hit the stage including Miss Saigon and Les Miserables. Performance starts at 7.30pm
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 5 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 6 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 7 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 8 'Too many holiday homes' - Residents object to conversion bid
- 9 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
And for the children there is King Silly & Friends on Saturday, June 7 at noon as they perform the greatest show on Earth! Well - the greatest show in the Kingdom of Silly anyway! The family friendly acrobats, magicians, jugglers, dance crews, jesters, mime artists and puppeteers are gathering at the palace grounds to entertain King Silly.
For more information or to book tickets for shows, visit www.stgeorgestheatre.com or call 01493 331484.