Ernie Childs and students stage fifth exhibition in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Another year in front of an easel means another crop of colourful canvases for painter Ernie Childs.
The popular artist and potter is staging his fifth exhibition in the Great Yarmouth library galleries.
Along with some 20 of his students around 100 works are on display in a variety of mediums.
Mr Child’s wife Karen said the exhibition was usually staged in June but was taking place in November for the first time.
And so far all the signs were good for an autumn success with around ten paintings sold and art fans travelling from across the country to view the works.
You may also want to watch:
As well as his signature seascapes there are some portraits on show as he continues to extend his skills.
And on the last day Saturday November 17, both she and Ernie will be at the galleries until 2.30pm.
- 1 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 2 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 3 Police cordon at cafe and beach ahead of demolition
- 4 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 5 A 'sad day for the village' as clifftop cafe is demolished
- 6 Farm shop expands after huge lockdown sales boom
- 7 Virtual Christmas light switch-on brings town 'out of darkness of Covid'
- 8 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 9 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 10 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop
The exhibition runs until daily 9.30-5pm finishing at 2.30pm on the final Saturday.
Most of the paintings have not been seen before and are for sale.