You guide to the 2016 Christmas events in Great Yarmouth and Gorleston
- Credit: Archant
It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and there are plenty of activities taking place over the next few days and weeks in the run up to Christmas.
Here is a list of some the events:
• Great Yarmouth Christmas Fayre
(Friday, November 25 – Sunday, November 27)
The annual three-day free entry Christmas Fayre will feature a selection of hand craft stalls in the Minster and festive food and specialist gift stalls and entertainment on the Market Place with live music, free roadtrain rides and costume characters all on show.
• Christmas lights switch on, late night shopping and fireworks
(Friday, November 25 from 6.30pm)
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 3 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 4 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in and around Yarmouth
- 5 First look as Ainsley Harriott and Grace Dent visit Yarmouth for TV show
- 6 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 7 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 8 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 9 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 10 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
Celebrate the arrival of Santa by joining the Mayor of Great Yarmouth and special guests for an evening of live music and entertainment with the switching-on of the town’s festive illuminations in the Market Place at 7pm followed by a rooftop firework display.
• Late night shopping
(Every Wednesday from November 30 to December 21) Late night shopping with festive music, walkabout characters and the donkey reindeer adding to the local Christmas atmosphere which is around Great Yarmouth this festive season.
• Gorleston Christmas lights switch-on and fireworks
(Sunday, November 27)
The switch-on will take place at 5pm, before a fireworks display at 6pm.
• Tree and crib festival
(Friday, December 9 to Sunday, December 18, 10am to 4pm)
A spectacular display of Christmas tree and cribs in the Minster, created by local community groups, schools and businesses, includes Hunt the Snowman competition for children.
• Lantern parade, late night shopping and Christmas carols
(Wednesday, December 14 from 6pm)
The annual Christmas procession of lanterns, large and small, led by reindeer and followed by carol singing around the Christmas tree in the Market Place with shops open until late.
Free parking will be available in all town centre (council operated) car parks after 4pm every day.