Youth orchestra comes ot Yarmouth
MUSIC lovers are being urged to join Norfolk's celebrated youth orchestra as it performs two spring concerts in Great Yarmouth and Norwich.Norfolk County Council's Youth Orchestra will be performing at the Hippodrome, Yarmouth on Saturday March 27 and again at St Andrew's Hall, Norwich, on Friday April 16 under the baton of conductor Tom Seligman.
MUSIC lovers are being urged to join Norfolk's celebrated youth orchestra as it performs two spring concerts in Great Yarmouth and Norwich.
Norfolk County Council's Youth Orchestra will be performing at the Hippodrome, Yarmouth on Saturday March 27 and again at St Andrew's Hall, Norwich, on Friday April 16 under the baton of conductor Tom Seligman. Both concerts start at 7.30pm.
Tickets are now on sale for both events, which will include performances of Bach's Brandenburg no.3 for Strings, Borodin's Lyrical Symphony no.2 and Shostakovich Festival Overture with its exciting brass fanfares and fast string passages
The orchestra is now in its fifth year and has established itself as a flagship for promoting young and talented musicians from Norfolk. Players range from the age of 12 to 19 and come from all over the county.
You may also want to watch:
Juliet Rickard, Director of the Orchestra for Norfolk County Council, said: “Our students are very excited about playing at such great venues.”
Tickets for the Yarmouth event are �8 for adults and �4 for concessions. They are available online at www.hippodromecircus.co.uk or from the Box office on 01493 844172.
- 1 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 2 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 3 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 4 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 5 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 6 Road closed for two days for resurfacing
- 7 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 8 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 9 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 10 Warning about ‘you’re wanted for arrest’ cold call tax scam
Tickets for the Norwich event are �10 for adults and �5 for concessions. They are available on the door or from the County Council's Music Service on 01603 433276 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.