See what events are on in the area over the next few days
PUBLISHED: 16:51 18 August 2016 | UPDATED: 16:51 18 August 2016
• The Hindu Temple on the Acle Straight is holding an Indian Summer Fair on Sunday September 4, 12-5pm.
Indian snacks and music will be among the attractions aiming to bring the temple to a wider audience and raise money to support the running costs.
• Runham Village Fete will be held on Sunday, September 4 from 1.30pm to 4pm. There will be lots going on including a beer tent, refreshments, children’s races, plants and flowers, local stalls, face painting and a barbecue and more.
• Hemblington Church is staging a craft fair on Saturday October 1, 10-2pm. All Saints Church in Church Lane will be hosting a selection of handmade gifts, cards, jewellery, woodworking, and much more. Organisers say it is “a good opportunity to find that special gift, and to look around a fine Medieval church in a lovely rural setting.” Light lunches and refreshments will also be available.
• Healing sessions are held every Tuesday at 7.15pm at Bradwell Community Centre, School Corner, Green Lane. All healers are members of The International Healing Fellowship. Animals are also treated and anyone is welcome to go along. For more details, call 07919 835774 or 01493 780608. The group can also be found on Facebook at The Spiritual Healing Fellowship Healing Group.
• A Quiz Night will be held at Rollesby village hall on Friday, September 9, starting at 7.30pm. The cost is £7 per person with a bangers and mash supper but take along your own drinks. Individuals and teams of up to six people are welcome. Tickets are in advance from The Tacons on 01493 740236 with all proceeds going to St George’s Church.
• A reunion is being held for people aged 65 plus who spend their childhoods in Filby or nearby or attended the Annexe School in Caister from 1950 to 1960. The meet up is planned for Sunday, September 18 at 2.30pm in Filby village hall. For more details about the reunion, call 01493 369336 or 01493 782043.
• A craft fayre will be held on Tuesday from 10am to 3pm in St Margaret’s Church, Old Lowestoft Road, Hopton. There will be Penny’s Pantry, cards, handknits, and other crafted goods. Have a browse and coffee.