Country hotel and restaurant on A149 up for sale for almost £1m
- Credit: Archant
A country hotel and restaurant which closed due to a £13,000 debt is up for sale for close to £1m.
The Horse and Groom Hotel and attached Jasminum Restaurant in Rollesby shut suddenly in April, surprising many of the village's residents.
A notice appeared in the premises' window stating that the tenant, Thanh Van Phung, had a judgment issued by County Court against him for unpaid debts of £12,524.The creditor had served a statutory demand under the Insolvency Act requiring Mr Van Phung to pay the debt as well as interest and a court fee totalling £24,260.
It ceased trading on April 21 and is now up for sale with East Commercial for £975,000.
The particulars describe it as a pub/restaurant (80 covers) and motel, 21 guest bedrooms (20 en-suite) within landscaped grounds and a car park (40 spaces).
It is described as having "a long and prominent frontage to the A149."
You may also want to watch:
The restaurant served Chinese, Thai, and English food and provided a takeaway service to locals and visitors alike.
- 1 Ghostly photos show deserted Yarmouth in lockdown
- 2 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 5 Council pay out six claims to drivers after car park ramp damaged vehicles
- 6 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 7 Firearms collector, 72, jailed for having illegal shotgun and pistol
- 8 Neighbours oppose off-licence over crime fears
- 9 Inquest rules 'witty and strong-willed' 26-year-old's death accidental
- 10 Number of Covid patients in hospital falls for first time in four months