Country hotel and restaurant on A149 up for sale for almost £1m
- Credit: Archant
A country hotel and restaurant which closed due to a £13,000 debt is up for sale for close to £1m.
The Horse and Groom Hotel and attached Jasminum Restaurant in Rollesby shut suddenly in April, surprising many of the village's residents.
A notice appeared in the premises' window stating that the tenant, Thanh Van Phung, had a judgment issued by County Court against him for unpaid debts of £12,524.The creditor had served a statutory demand under the Insolvency Act requiring Mr Van Phung to pay the debt as well as interest and a court fee totalling £24,260.
It ceased trading on April 21 and is now up for sale with East Commercial for £975,000.
The particulars describe it as a pub/restaurant (80 covers) and motel, 21 guest bedrooms (20 en-suite) within landscaped grounds and a car park (40 spaces).
It is described as having "a long and prominent frontage to the A149."
You may also want to watch:
The restaurant served Chinese, Thai, and English food and provided a takeaway service to locals and visitors alike.
- 1 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 2 New Sports Direct in town's former M&S set for summer opening
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 "We're looking to move soon" - Neighbours' anger over derelict building fires
- 5 New dessert restaurant opens in Great Yarmouth
- 6 The challenges of May 17 re-opening - including keeping people sat down
- 7 Norfolk ban for three men who stole cash from Yarmouth fruit machines
- 8 Woman shares horror after pet cat Dave is mutilated by elastic band
- 9 "I love it here" - No surprise at village's Rightmove popularity
- 10 Cafe opens at expanded farm shop that boomed during lockdown