Country hotel and restaurant on A149 up for sale for almost £1m
- Credit: Archant
A country hotel and restaurant which closed due to a £13,000 debt is up for sale for close to £1m.
The Horse and Groom Hotel and attached Jasminum Restaurant in Rollesby shut suddenly in April, surprising many of the village's residents.
A notice appeared in the premises' window stating that the tenant, Thanh Van Phung, had a judgment issued by County Court against him for unpaid debts of £12,524.The creditor had served a statutory demand under the Insolvency Act requiring Mr Van Phung to pay the debt as well as interest and a court fee totalling £24,260.
It ceased trading on April 21 and is now up for sale with East Commercial for £975,000.
The particulars describe it as a pub/restaurant (80 covers) and motel, 21 guest bedrooms (20 en-suite) within landscaped grounds and a car park (40 spaces).
It is described as having "a long and prominent frontage to the A149."
You may also want to watch:
The restaurant served Chinese, Thai, and English food and provided a takeaway service to locals and visitors alike.
- 1 Teaching couple moving to Wales after decades in Great Yarmouth
- 2 Coronavirus rates where you live in Great Yarmouth borough
- 3 Shoplifters arrested and car seized as police swoop on street
- 4 Hippodrome owners plan to open circus-themed cafe
- 5 Parents react to twice weekly Covid tests for school households
- 6 £18m price tag for energy hotbed to create 650 jobs
- 7 Drivers face delays following traffic accident on junction
- 8 'Forgotten' pub to go under hammer after fails to sell
- 9 Police condemn 'blatant' lockdown breaches as 160 fined
- 10 Power cut caused by electric pole fire hits more than 600 homes