Country hotel and restaurant on A149 up for sale for almost £1m
- Credit: Archant
A country hotel and restaurant which closed due to a £13,000 debt is up for sale for close to £1m.
The Horse and Groom Hotel and attached Jasminum Restaurant in Rollesby shut suddenly in April, surprising many of the village's residents.
A notice appeared in the premises' window stating that the tenant, Thanh Van Phung, had a judgment issued by County Court against him for unpaid debts of £12,524.The creditor had served a statutory demand under the Insolvency Act requiring Mr Van Phung to pay the debt as well as interest and a court fee totalling £24,260.
It ceased trading on April 21 and is now up for sale with East Commercial for £975,000.
The particulars describe it as a pub/restaurant (80 covers) and motel, 21 guest bedrooms (20 en-suite) within landscaped grounds and a car park (40 spaces).
It is described as having "a long and prominent frontage to the A149."
You may also want to watch:
The restaurant served Chinese, Thai, and English food and provided a takeaway service to locals and visitors alike.
- 1 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 2 Airport-style security coming to seafront club amid spiking fears
- 3 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 4 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 5 More than 31,000 tickets sold for Fire on the Water
- 6 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 7 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 8 Schoolchildren driving Covid rates across Yarmouth
- 9 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 10 Driver fined for drifting off road and hitting fence