Country hotel and restaurant on A149 up for sale for almost £1m
- Credit: Archant
A country hotel and restaurant which closed due to a £13,000 debt is up for sale for close to £1m.
The Horse and Groom Hotel and attached Jasminum Restaurant in Rollesby shut suddenly in April, surprising many of the village's residents.
A notice appeared in the premises' window stating that the tenant, Thanh Van Phung, had a judgment issued by County Court against him for unpaid debts of £12,524.The creditor had served a statutory demand under the Insolvency Act requiring Mr Van Phung to pay the debt as well as interest and a court fee totalling £24,260.
It ceased trading on April 21 and is now up for sale with East Commercial for £975,000.
The particulars describe it as a pub/restaurant (80 covers) and motel, 21 guest bedrooms (20 en-suite) within landscaped grounds and a car park (40 spaces).
It is described as having "a long and prominent frontage to the A149."
You may also want to watch:
The restaurant served Chinese, Thai, and English food and provided a takeaway service to locals and visitors alike.
- 1 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 2 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 4 Police sniffer dogs join search for missing woman
- 5 Public urged to check outbuildings as fears grow for missing woman
- 6 'Very little known' about man, 76, who died at home, inquest hears
- 7 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 8 Suspected murder victim had 'heart of gold' and 'loved life'
- 9 Man jailed for county lines drug dealing in Great Yarmouth
- 10 Funding for Hemsby sea defences a 'significant challenge'