TV episode filmed in Gorleston to air this week
- Credit: Amy Darby
An episode of Motorhoming with Merton & Webster which was filmed in Gorleston is to air this week.
Paul Merton - famous for his appearances on Have I Got News For You - and his wife, comedian Suki Webster, visited the Norfolk town on the final leg of their motorhome tour.
The pair visited a number of local attractions for the Channel 5 series.
They enjoyed the traditional seaside charm of Gorleston and its award-winning sandy beach before discovering satirical history through a Punch and Judy show.
Mr Merton and Mrs Webster also visited a colony of seals and ditched their motorhome for sail power with a trip on a traditional Norfolk wherry.
The couple were spotted filming for the series on Gorleston beach in June this year, and were said to be "very pleasant and approachable" by locals who met them.
The show airs Friday September 10 on Channel 5 at 8pm.
- 1 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 2 Historic pub poised for mini-market use bringing 20 jobs
- 3 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 4 Inquest begins into death of decorator who died at home
- 5 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 6 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 7 'A wonderful place': A look back at Gorleston's 'second high street'
- 8 A47 closed due to two-car crash at Acle straight
- 9 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 10 Man sought help for ADHD before his death, inquest hears