Man remains in hospital following second stabbing in a week on Great Yarmouth seafront
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
A man in his 20s remains in hospital following a knife attack on the Great Yarmouth seafront in the hours of Sunday morning.
At around 3.15am on Sunday, February 11, police were called to Marine Parade in the town to reports of a man suffering stab wounds.
The man was rushed to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge for further treatment, where police say he remains in a stable condition.
Three people have since been arrested in connection with the incident - one man and two women.
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said: “Three people are in custody in relation to an incident in which a man was stabbed and are assisting officers with their enquiries.
The attack is thought to have happened close to the Atlantis Arena complex on the front.
Jamie Hastings, who was on his way home from a night out at the time, said: “I was getting a taxi home and saw a big police presence in the area.
- 1 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 2 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 3 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 4 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 5 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 6 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 7 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 8 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 9 Church glamping pod plan on ice as £626,000 funding bid awaits approval
- 10 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
“There were blue lights everywhere.”
It comes a week after another knife attack in a similar area, which happened near Britannia Pier around 1.30am on Sunday, February 4.