Milestone reached in £26m leisure centre work
- Credit: Arielshotsuk Instagram
A special landmark event in the construction of a £26m leisure centre on Great Yarmouth's seafront will take place later this month.
A topping out ceremony of the Marina Centre will happen on Thursday, September 23.
The borough council ceremony will mark the point that the building is confirmed as watertight, allowing for internal works to commence.
The event will be attended by civic dignitaries and some of them will be making speeches.
There will also be a tour of the new facility.
Ground was broken in January in a virtual ceremony due to Covid restrictions. The topping out ceremony will be an opportunity for invited visitors to see the development in person.
You may also want to watch:
The new Marina Centre, described as a year-round anchor attraction, will include a six-lane 25m pool, a learner pool with moveable floor, leisure water with fun play features, two water flumes and a splash pad.
It is scheduled to open in summer 2022.
- 1 Can you spot yourself at Great Yarmouth Ladies Day?
- 2 'Book dates and toasties': Town's new café has successful start
- 3 Investigation after teenage girl verbally abused by man in car
- 4 Seaside funfair set to carry on despite objections
- 5 Finding it hard to get a taxi in Great Yarmouth? Here's why
- 6 New plans for secure dog walking field off A149
- 7 Covid cases rise by a fifth in borough
- 8 Banksy cocktail with Yarmouth twist pays tribute to graffiti artist
- 9 Go ahead given for Great Yarmouth illuminations
- 10 Crash on the A47 causes delays near Acle