Maxx out! Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach will not operate new ride
- Credit: Archant
A ride that would have thrilled visitors to Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach will not operate there after problems with paperwork.
The Air Maxx 360 had been due to start operating this week on the town’s seafront.
But after issues with certification the Pleasure Beach decided to not operate the ride - and instead the Skegness amusement park Fantasy Island has announced the ride will run there.
Pleasure Beach boss Albert Jones said: “Unfortunately, the paperwork required to be able to open the ride was not all in order.”
The amusement park had been chasing the documentation required for operating the ride in the UK but 5pc was still missing, he said.
“We’re disappointed,” Mr Jones said.
But the park is not mulling over the loss.
Mr Jones promised that staff are “busy” trying to get another attraction arranged for the May bank holiday.
- 1 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 2 Inquest held into death of Gorleston man aged 32
- 3 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 4 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 5 Palmers: What is the plan, and when will it be finished?
- 6 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 7 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 8 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 9 Work under way on Yarmouth's new enterprise hub
- 10 5 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Great Yarmouth
“We are looking at something very similar,” he said.