They are behind you! Hotel backs panto dance group
- Credit: Gavin Dean
A landmark Great Yarmouth hotel has stepped in to spread some Christmas cheer by sponsoring a town hall pantomime.
The money will be used to support the show's young dancers from the town's NabJab Dance Studios by funding rehearsal space and costumes.
Grant Smith, Imperial Hotel operations manager, said he felt it was a great opportunity to help support young performers in the region.
He added: “We have worked with Gavin and his team on a variety of events at the hotel and when he approached us about sponsoring he explained all of the money will go towards the junior dancers.
"So we were very happy to help, many of the young ones have had a lot to deal with over the past year so it will be great to see them back on stage this Christmas.”
It will be the sixth time NabJab Dance Studios has teamed up with GD Creatives for a pantomime.
Jennifer Dunnell, from NabJab Dance Studios, said: “The support from the Imperial Hotel has been an early Christmas present for us.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 Hundreds sign petition calling for coastal villages bus route to Norwich
- 3 First Buses to change tickets to make travel simpler
- 4 CCTV appeal after series of Great Yarmouth burglaries
- 5 Out of stock: Great Yarmouth food bank's uncertain future
- 6 House of Fun! When Madness video was shot at Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach
- 7 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 8 Norfolk woman in running to be named best hair stylist in the country
- 9 Lovely jubbly! Only Fools and Horses tribute show heads to town
- 10 Events planned to empower and support Great Yarmouth girls
"During the lockdowns we continued as many virtual activities as we could to help keep them all connected, but this will be a very important production for us. We can't wait to hear the laughter and cheers from the wings."
Mr Dean, who is playing Widow Twanky in the show, said: “NabJab has been a part of our panto family for many years.
"As this has been a very tough year for us in events and entertainment the support from the Imperial Hotel has meant we can provide rehearsal space and costumes for the group.
"With this being a new venue and our first show back in town in nearly four years it is great to see local business supporting us."
Tickets are still available for most dates for the pantomime at Great Yarmouth Town Hall.
They can be bought from www.GreatYarmouthPanto.com or by calling 01493 846151 Monday to Friday between 10am-3pm.