‘Something Yarmouth hasn’t seen before’ - Town centre bar reopens
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Red carpet will roll out when a revamped bar reopens.
After being closed for seven months, Peggotty's in Great Yarmouth will begin trading again on Saturday (September 14).
Landlord Blendi Kellici has said customers will get a taste of celebrity treatment, with a photographer taking their pictures as they enter the venue.
Entertainment will include live music, circus performers from Out There Festival and a DJ.
Mr Kellici has been refurbishing the bar, a King Street staple, for three months.
"I feel very proud but most importantly I have a good team," he said.
The revamp even includes a burger van - lowered by crane through the roof onto the dancefloor - where a chef will fry burgers and chips.
You may also want to watch:
"My aim is to get people in and get them to stay," Mr Kellici said.
He added that guests at a special event on Thursday (September 12) said the venue is "something Yarmouth hasn't seen before".
- 1 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 2 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 3 A47 closed due to two-car crash at Acle straight
- 4 Acrobats and falcons wow crowds at the Out There Festival
- 5 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 6 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 7 Inquest begins into death of decorator who died at home
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 Historic pub poised for mini-market use bringing 20 jobs
- 10 'It's a big pain' - Third river crossing work leaves businessman frustrated
It opens on Saturday (September 14) at 9.30pm.
To find out more visit the venue's Facebook page.