‘Something Yarmouth hasn’t seen before’ - Town centre bar reopens
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Red carpet will roll out when a revamped bar reopens.
After being closed for seven months, Peggotty's in Great Yarmouth will begin trading again on Saturday (September 14).
Landlord Blendi Kellici has said customers will get a taste of celebrity treatment, with a photographer taking their pictures as they enter the venue.
Entertainment will include live music, circus performers from Out There Festival and a DJ.
Mr Kellici has been refurbishing the bar, a King Street staple, for three months.
"I feel very proud but most importantly I have a good team," he said.
The revamp even includes a burger van - lowered by crane through the roof onto the dancefloor - where a chef will fry burgers and chips.
You may also want to watch:
"My aim is to get people in and get them to stay," Mr Kellici said.
He added that guests at a special event on Thursday (September 12) said the venue is "something Yarmouth hasn't seen before".
- 1 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 2 Man staged his own kidnap to get ransom from his family
- 3 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 4 Watch our virtual tour of Pleasure Beach's new Snails and Fairytales ride
- 5 Council to splash out £1.9m on Great Yarmouth town centre
- 6 Trio from Great Yarmouth charged with Norwich betting shop robbery
- 7 New surface planned for 'muddy' track popular with walkers
- 8 'We're going to be rammed' - pubs bracing for weekend revelry
- 9 Deliveroo to launch in Great Yarmouth with 45 restaurants signed up
- 10 Our verdict on the new Giant Wheel on Great Yarmouth seafront
It opens on Saturday (September 14) at 9.30pm.
To find out more visit the venue's Facebook page.