‘Something Yarmouth hasn’t seen before’ - Town centre bar reopens
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Red carpet will roll out when a revamped bar reopens.
After being closed for seven months, Peggotty's in Great Yarmouth will begin trading again on Saturday (September 14).
Landlord Blendi Kellici has said customers will get a taste of celebrity treatment, with a photographer taking their pictures as they enter the venue.
Entertainment will include live music, circus performers from Out There Festival and a DJ.
Mr Kellici has been refurbishing the bar, a King Street staple, for three months.
"I feel very proud but most importantly I have a good team," he said.
The revamp even includes a burger van - lowered by crane through the roof onto the dancefloor - where a chef will fry burgers and chips.
You may also want to watch:
"My aim is to get people in and get them to stay," Mr Kellici said.
He added that guests at a special event on Thursday (September 12) said the venue is "something Yarmouth hasn't seen before".
- 1 'Business as usual' as shopping mall enters administration
- 2 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 3 Another Norfolk branch of Outfit shuts for good among 31 more closures
- 4 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 5 Town centre post office closed as staff self-isolate
- 6 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 7 Investigation into 'particularly severe' case of fly-tipping
- 8 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 9 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 10 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
It opens on Saturday (September 14) at 9.30pm.
To find out more visit the venue's Facebook page.