Three major retailers moving in Great Yarmouth's King Street
- Credit: James Weeds
Three major retailers have moved or are in the process of moving into Great Yarmouth's King Street.
The sports clothing store, which announced it would be moving to the town centre unit in 2019, looks ready to open.
In June, Sports Direct had announced the store's opening date would be July 15.
However, a sign on the store entrance was in place on the morning of July 15 confirming that the new branch will open on Friday, July 16.
Game, a fixture of Market Gates Shopping Centre, is relocating within the former Marks and Spencer unit along with Sports Direct.
You may also want to watch:
Both Sports Direct and Game are owned by the Fraser Group and it is expected that other Fraser companies will use the former M&S space.
Cex has relocated to the unit between River Island and HSBC after its existing unit caught fire in June.
- 1 Head chef whose kitchen burned down leaves restaurant
- 2 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk Day sponsor postpones seaside event over safety concerns
- 4 £4.6m market 'on track' as new building takes shape
- 5 Neighbours oppose cocktail bar's late-night opening bid
- 6 'I'm sorry' - Mayor suspended after breaking Covid rules
- 7 Infections almost double national average in some Yarmouth neighbourhoods
- 8 Boogie Nights returns with a celebrity guest
- 9 Pub loses £40k from Covid closures during Euro 2020
- 10 Man abducted girl, 14, and tried to hide her under bench
A Cex spokesperson said: "We’re delighted to announce that the Great Yarmouth store will be reopening in a brand new location."
An opening date for the new unit has yet to be announced.